Sunday, May 19, 2013

Not Enough Time for Google

Last month, while I was in NY, Sydney saw me writing in a little notebook, and asked what I was doing.  I told her I was writing down the funny things she and her brother said so I wouldn't forget them.  (After that, when one of them did or said something funny, she turned to me and said "Make sure you write that down!")  The real truth is that I started carrying a little notebook with me on vacation so that when I returned home, I could blog about it. 

The idea was that I didn't want to forget the little things that meant so much at the time.  Sadly, the reality has become that the notebook helps me remember the trip months later, when I'm trying to blog about it. 

I'm not sure how it happened.  I was blogging along about the Disney trip last fall, and then I stopped. Maybe one night I didn't feel like blogging, or I was tired.  One night became two, which became a week, and here were are, eight months later, and my readers are still suspended in Cinderella's castle.  My readers. All three of you! :)  What's worse, last month I took yet another trip to NY, so now I have two trips to blog about and time keeps ticking away. 

I constantly feel like I do not have enough time for all of my hobbies.  Reading, writing, making crafts for the store.. .and yet I still seem to always find new ideas I want to try.  I wish I could turn off the brain.  For a little bit.  I suppose, even being a person of normal health levels I wouldn't have enough time to get everything done, but add in the time I lose to Fibro issues, and well... sometimes it feels like my hobbies dominate my life which puts things out of balance. So I walk away from everything, take a nap, enjoy a baseball game.  Then when I'm refreshed, I can tackle things again.

I actually started to blog a couple of weeks ago.  Then I hit another obstacle.  Google.  Back before Google took over everything, I had a Yahoo email account (which I've had since I was a freshman in college and email was the new kid on the block), I had my primary email account which was hosted on a friend's domain, and I had a Blogger profile.  Three accounts- three usernames and passwords.  Our friend decided to transfer the domain to Google, which was fine.  Somewhere along the line though, it seems Google also took over Yahoo and Blogger.  So even though I tell it to stay logged in, after a certain amount of time, the internet logs me off.  Logging back in is the problem- because I cannot remember which password and account are linked to Blogger.  If you attempt to login with the wrong one, your blog doesn't appear.  You can't merge all of the accounts.  I kept putting it off and putting it off until today. It's one of those days that I don't want to do much, or can't do much I guess is a better way to put it. I didn't want to take a nap just a couple of hours after waking up, so I decided it was time to tackle Blogger again. 

It was a battle, which left me cursing Blogger. Frequently.  Somehow, in the process, I created a Google+ account. Awesome. Now I have FOUR accounts I can't keep track of.  I somehow found my way onto Bloglovin, which was great for following my friends blogs, but where was mine? Oh, I'd have to log in to my blog... back to the problem.  I considered (not all that briefly) starting a new blog and moving forward.  Eventually I figured out which account was linked to the Blog, and since there was no chance I was going to remember the password, I went ahead and reset it.  Still, since I was in Mozilla, it wasn't recognizing me (I guess because I was still technically logged in to one of my numerous accounts somewhere), and kept taking me to Google+.  Yes, I'm sure I don't want to add friends.  Yes, I'm sure I don't want to add interests.  Yes, I'm ok being 'lonely'.  I just want to BLOG!  In one last ditch effort, I opened an Internet Explorer Window, typed in blogger.com, logged in with the correct information and .... heard Angels singing as my blog appeared on the screen. 

So much for a relaxing Sunday!  Anyway, now that I'm back in the blogosphere, I can transport my readers from the oppressive heat of Orlando to the early spring chill of Upstate NY.  And with any luck, I'll have both trips finished before I take off for my next one in three months.

1 comment:

  1. I never seem to be able to remember my passwords either, so you're not alone with this. Though the whole Google stuff? Yikes! I did have a G+ profile (still do, but not using it) but after a fellow blogger had tremendous troubles with her blog after connecting her G+ with her Blogger blog I decided not to risk my blog disappearing into thin air (or where ever else they might go). Maybe it was just a glitch in her case, but who knows, right?
    BTW I use Google Chrome (that dreaded G-word again, ha) these days - right now, my preferred browser of choice!

    ReplyDelete