Well obviously I can't even keep in touch with myself! :) Each year when I write out Christmas cards, inevitably I find myself writing small notes of apology to recipients that I haven't kept in touch so much over the previous year. I used to say things like "I will try to do better next year". I've stopped doing that. Maybe I'll stop apologizing next. Wow wouldn't that be a stretch? Seems I'm always apologizing to someone about something. I could probably be so much more confident if I didn't feel like I had to say I'm sorry. I always mean to keep in touch with my friends, but then this thing called life gets in the way, and it doesn't happen. Does it make me a bad friend? Maybe. I prefer to think that good friends are determined by quality, not quantity, and I do try to put a lot into the quality aspect. And I look at my life, and I stand in awe of my sister, who works full time, has a husband, house, 3 year old child and 2 dogs, and is going to school to finish her Bachelors. I wonder how she does it. I think of my mom- who worked full time, had a family, made it to all of our functions and always had dinner on the table and the house cleaned, and I wonder how she did it. I am convinced she was super woman.
The fact is I can't keep up with everything. And so, things like correspondence sometimes take a backseat. I had thought I would keep up with this blog a lot, but after my last post I started a marathon knitting session, where I made 3 huge projects for family members for Christmas. Then I went on vacation for Christmas to see my family, and got sick on the trip, spent the entire month of January sick. So there goes another month!
I've been thinking though of just making this blog my random musings- not just about my fibro. I don't want to be one of those whiny sick people! So we'll see how frequently I manage to get back here- maybe more frequently so that I don't forget my password every time. haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment