I went shopping the other night after work. Kohls was having a big sale. They sent me a coupon for an extra 15% off. They were just begging me to shop! I decided to look for things for my new nephew. Even though he won't be here for a few more months. I did find some great things. I am trying to limit myself, in light of the economic situation at Goofy Grape.
In the past four years, I have gotten very good at locating the girls' racks in the children's department. So I had to reverse my direction and venture into that strange territory- the boys section! Habit made me reach for the purples and pinks; before I brought myself around and said 'no!'. As I looked at the boys' clothes, I noticed a lot of puppies. Great! Being a dog mom, I love to purchase cute things with puppies on them. (I would also like to purchase cute things FOR puppies, but my dogs do not like clothes. They show their distaste in an amusing way, although sometimes it is painful because they bite. So I long ago learned no clothes for the beagles!).
Later that night, I remembered the old nursery rhyme. 'Little girls are made of Sugar & Spice & Everything nice'. And if I remember it correctly, boys are 'snakes and snails and puppy dog tails'. Is that why they put puppies on boys clothes??? Well, either way, little boy Davey is getting clothes with puppies on them. Erich pointed out that most of the outfits I bought had 'jailbird stripes' (stripes is another popular theme with boys' clothes I discovered). Hmm. I'm sure he'll look cute, even if he is a jailbird made of puppy dog tails.
No comments:
Post a Comment