
Sometimes I review my blog-look back over the 'archives'. I just finished looking over my August archive, and realized I have been a Bad Aunt! I neglected to blog about my nephew.
Nephew. The word gets stuck on my tongue. My mouth feels funny forming the sounds. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the idea that I am now an Aunt to two children: a girl and a boy. Boy. It's just so odd to have a boy in our family. I mean, sure, there's my dad, and my bil. Before that was my Grandpa. But we've always had girls. Grandpa used to tease us that when we went to visit their house, the numbers were getting a little more fair. It was five women to two men. Grandpa and Dad used to grumble about being outnumbered. It was a special club they belonged to. And even though they grumbled that there was always someone around to tell them what to do, and they didn't stand a chance in the bathroom, deep down I think they loved it.
And now, with the birth of Drew, part of our family has balance. My sister's house has two females and two males; or three of each if you count the dogs. When my parents join them, the numbers remain even. I have to go home now to shake things up and restore the proper order! Haha!
But we are happy Drew has joined our family. He must be pretty excited too-he came three weeks early! On Sunday night, August 22, I talked to my mom. She said my sister had been feeling pretty great that day. Not five minutes after we hung up, Dad called back to say that Mom was headed to Laura's house to stay with Syd. At 7:35 am on August 23, Andrew Lewis Davey entered the world. He weighed in at 6lbs, 14 oz and was 19 1/4" long. He is Drew, though, because his father, also an Andrew, is Andy. Lewis was Grandpa Wager's first name, it was also his mother's maiden name. I am sure Grandpa is smiling down on Drew. They have a lot in common after all- not just the names. Grandpa was the last boy in mom's part of the family, and almost 95 years later, we have Drew.
So far I've only seen pictures of Drew. I will go to NY in October to visit everyone. By then he will be about 2 months old. I hope that he will love me as much as Sydney does, and want to hang out with me. I just hope he doesn't pee on me!
No comments:
Post a Comment