
I have never been much of a fashionista. Nor was I a fashion plate, which is the term we used when I was growing up. Should you doubt this, I only need to point you to my senior year of high school; when I chose to wear jeans and cowboy boots every single day (when listening to Country Music got you picked on). I preferred long skirts or dresses to the minis everyone else was wearing. The most recognizable name in my closet is still Lee. As in Lee Jeans. I have never felt the need to buy outrageously expensive things in the name of fashion. I prefer comfort. Always have. So fashionista is never a name that has been used to describe me.
I used to watch the show What Not to Wear. Until they went after a woman for wearing holiday sweaters. Then I was afraid they'd come after me. I like to dress in a festive manner. I have a lot of Christmas sweaters. Actually, I can wear one a day each work day between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and never repeat. Then there's the long sleeve tops too. Most of my Christmas sweaters are several years old, but they still look like new because I only wear them once, or at most twice, a year.
I have spring themed sweaters, in spring colors with pretty flowers on them. I have fall sweaters with leaves. Of course, I have sweaters with dogs. And I have red,white, & blue tops & sweaters to wear on Memorial Day, Flag Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, September 11, and Veterans Day. And any other day I feel like wearing red, white, & blue.
Now that my hair is long again, I can extend the festive outfit to my hair. I had ponytail holders with red, green, and gold in them for Christmas. A couple even had jingle bells. For the 4th of July, I found a holder that looks like red, blue, and silver fireworks. I found another one that is red, white, & blue- it is bits of material glued together. I can't buy the barrettes, because my hair is too thick. So I'm limited to the ponytail holders, but that's ok, because I end up wearing my hair in a ponytail more often than not. To find these treasures, I have to go to Claires. Probably not a store many 34 year old women go into, but the sales girls are always sweet. Of course, maybe they are thinking 'she should be on What Not to Wear'. If Target or Kohls would carry such things, it would be so much better. I can't be the only person who likes to wear something festive!
I might not be into themed sweaters, BUT I do own one pair of Christmas socks which I proudly wear once a year :-) !
ReplyDelete