Monday, July 19, 2010

The Power of a Call

I came home from work feeling pretty run down. Mondays are always rough for us at the office. We have to do marketing, which is a big job. It is also done in another part of the office, which is extremely hot. I don't do heat (hmm... another friend blogged about that same topic earlier this week). It's not just that I don't like it. I get physically ill. When I get too hot, my stomach gets upset. I get weak, and well, it's just not a great way to spend a day. So I had been dealing with that today, going on too little sleep because I had a lot of problems breathing last night (darn Hazy, Hot, Humid weather), working my tail off. I came home and just wanted to collapse on the couch. Erich & I decided we would just fend for ourselves for dinner. I didn't have the energy to even make dinner until almost 7pm. I was ready for bed, and trying to figure out how to stay awake a few hours more, so that I can go to bed at a decent time, not the time that 3 year olds go to bed.

Then Erich came downstairs, and said he had been on the phone and another call buzzed in, but he didn't get to it. He said it was 'Private Caller', so it must have been one of our sisters. He figured it was probably mine. I called Laura, and she said 'Peanut wants to talk to you'. Peanut is what she calls Sydney. This instantly made my night- I love talking to Sydney!

Sydney got on the phone and said 'Hi Aunt Amy'. I asked her what was up, and she said "I wanna come to your house". I told her that we had talked about it, and when she could leave her mommy & daddy she could come. She said "I'm going to come with MeMe and PopPop when Santa comes". It is my year to have my folks for Christmas, although they will come out after Christmas so they can have Christmas Day with Sydney & her brother. I told her she was welcome to come, and I'm sure MeMe would bring her. She told me that yes, MeMe would bring her. And then I thought, 'has she told her mother about this?'. So I told her she can come if her Mommy says it's ok. Sydney assured me it was, and told me she would come and see me and my 'eagles'. (She knows how to say 'beagle', but she has started calling them 'eagles'. She says it's the 'same thing'). Then, her mission accomplished, she said 'Bye, Aunt Amy!'. I told her that I love her, and she said 'I love you' then she was gone.

My sister got back on the phone then. She & Andy are ok with Syd coming to visit. She said we can't buy her everything she wants, and I said that's fine. I can keep her Christmas presents out here, so she'll get to have two Christmases. We talked about some of the logistics. I mentioned that Syd told me in June she keeps wishing and wishing to come to my house, but it hasn't happened. Laura said that each night, Syd goes to her window and looks out and says "I wish I could go to Aunt Amy's house to see her and her eagles". Mom told me tonight that Syd does it at their house too, and when Mom says 'Don't you mean Aunt Amy's beagles?" Syd says 'Yes, it's the same thing'.

So it looks like my little Sydie bear will be coming to visit! I am so excited. I could dance around the house, except my body is quite sore from the day. I want so shout from the rooftops, tell everyone I know. So I'll do the next best thing and blog. I have a lot of work to do. I need to clean out the bear room for one, and make it habitable for a little girl. We are not used to having children around the house, so I'm sure it will need to be childproofed. I hope she will be ok away from her mom for a few days, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Mom said we will make it an adventure for her, and when she misses her Mommy she can call her. My poor eagles won't know what hit them, sorry guys!

That little girl just made my year!

No comments:

Post a Comment